Thursday, September 15, 2011

A Busy Week.

I'm so glad to say that this was the week we finished up ALL of the painting. No more walls, trim, nothing. I also vow to NEVER, EVER pick up a paintbrush, buy paint, or put on my grubby paint clothes again (we'll see how long that lasts). As much as I complain about painting it did made our place look a ton better, so it was all worth it!

The amazing sandwich Kyle made for me. This is also how I felt when all of the painting was done!


You would think that with all of the painting done there would be just endless amounts of free time, right? Pshhh, I wish.

We just love our new ward. The people are amazing, we can walk to church, and our bishop is super friendly. So friendly, in fact, that he flagged us down our first Sunday there and asked if we wanted to help out in the ward's Day of Service. And what exactly are we doing on our Day of Service? Sorting jewelry. Of course Kyle and I agreed. Little did we know that we would be put in charge of untangling thousands and thousands of necklaces. So, for the past two weeks we would work through clumps of jewelry while watching movies (lately, I've been watching National Geographic documentaries, haha). It was really time consuming but we did it! All of the necklaces are untangled and hanging safely on a pole.

See, all safe.

Yes, those are my dirty fingers from touching all of those necklaces.

But that's not all. On the 24th (the actual Day of Service), we'll be at Hatch Park putting each necklace individually into little, tiny ziplock baggies. And anytime any ward gets together and does anything there's always food involved, woohoo! Can't wait to see what amazing recipes we can nab from it!

Aside from painting and jewelry untangling, a lot of odds and ends needed to be done. You know, the stuff that needs to be taken care of once you're married, like changing your name on everything, getting a job, that kind of fun stuff. Probably one of the scariest places on earth is the Social Security Office and it isn't because of the workers. I'll admit, this was the first time I've ever been to a Social Security Office so I'm not sure how all of them are, but when you walk into the room and there are two security guards, well, guarding the door, that kind of makes one wonder. Since all of the people there looked like they were from the rougher parts of town I chose the closest seat I could next to the two guards. After an hour of Angry Birds and proof of marriage I officially became an Arslanian. 

So, basically in one day, my driver's license, social security card, insurance, job, and jewelry duty were all taken care of. All that's left to do is organize the office and relax!

A fall wreath I made in my, um, spare time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment