Saturday, September 17, 2011

Spidermania!!!

I can say with confidence that I'm not a super picky person. Sure, there are things that I'm not fond of, such as meatloaf, mushrooms, and bananas (come on, who really likes those things anyway?) but everyone has a few things they'd rather pass up. There is one thing, though, that I HATE, DESPISE, and LOATHE more than anything in the world. Hopefully the title gave it away.

Yes, spiders. The bane of my existence, my number one enemy. No matter how many times I try to think of spiders as being ok and necessary I just can't do it. Look at them. They have eight eyes (which means one of them is on you at all times), eight spindly legs (making it easy for them to jump on you and attack), and when they get big enough, they're hairy. The perfect combination for disgustingness!

Usually I can go about life pretending that they don't even exist, but every so often we happen to cross paths and both of our worlds are turned upside down. It hasn't really been a problem...until we moved up to Bountiful. We've had spiders in the bathtub, one in our sheets, several by the toilet, and a ginormous one (with babies on its back) in our windowsill outside. It took up the whole corner of our windowsill!

The monstrosity with little babies on its back. 

It has gotten to the point that Kyle can identify my spider scream. Yep, I scream, my eyes fill up with tears, and I become paralyzed. Being the great husband that he is, Kyle comes running and disposes of them, usually with a tissue but sometimes he'll use his finger. You can bet I stand there and make sure he washes his hands afterwards. The worst part about Kyle being gone all day and me being home without him is that when there is a spider I somehow have to kill it myself (of course I miss Kyle too). Until it becomes too cold for them to survive (which should be in a month or so), I'll keep my fingers crossed that we don't find anymore inside.

On the brighter side of things, I made carrot cake today with cream cheese frosting. I love love LOVE cream cheese frosting!!!

3 comments:

  1. I have a friend who is terrified of spiders. When she sees one she takes a tupperware and tapes it on the wall, floor, ceiling or wherever the spider is and waits until her husband comes home to kill it. Great idea... right Kyle. She refuses to kill them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ewwwww I hate spiders too. I can never find a way to justify their existence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle: that is too funny. I don't think I have enough tupperware to do that. Chrissy: We should form a club. We'd probably have more followers than any other club out there.

    ReplyDelete