Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Where to start?

One of the most difficult things I've run into with this blog is figuring out where to begin. Being the procrastinator that I am (there, I admitted it!) means that I have years and years to cover and I'm pretty sure it's the same for Kyle, so we have A LOT of catching up to do.

So, where do we begin? I would have loved to start with our wedding but I don't have all of the pictures yet so that'll have to wait (no worries, they're coming soon!). Instead, we'll talk about our new beginnings up in Bountiful.

They say that trying to find a place to live can be a little stressful and they are definitely not lying. Every weekend for a good two months Kyle and I searched high and low for a place. Since Kyle was going to start at the U in the fall we knew that we wanted something in the Salt Lake area. We looked, and looked, and looked some more. Some places we looked at were pretty sketchy. Super sketchy, as in we drove up, took one look from the car window and left. It was just draining to know that we spent the whole weekend calling, looking around, and getting nowhere.

Luckily, Kyle is pretty good when it comes to looking for various options and he suggested searching around Bountiful. Well, we ended up finding a nice, little place and moved up in August. Thanks to Paul and Julie we were able to fit everything we had in two trucks, a little trailer, and the Mini (you know how Minis are known for their extreme leg space, haha).

Here are some pictures of our place. It's still a little unorganized and there's still a little unpacking left to do. We took on the fun job of repainting everything.

Our soon to be office.

The bedroom. Can't wait to use that fireplace in the winter!

 
Food storage/pantry. No hungry newlyweds here.

TV...

Nice, little kitchen.

Bathroom


Did I mention the office used to be flamingo pink, our bathroom was baby blue, and our kitchen cupboards were pea green? Unfortunately, I didn't take any "before" pictures but if you just close your eyes and imagine those colors all in one house, you'll probably shudder. I sure did. All that's left to do is the trim. Farewell free time.

2 comments:

  1. Fun times! Your place looks adorable! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your house! I am so happy you are part of the blog world now!:) Miss you tonz....

    ReplyDelete